Take a cue from this
"When your salary is paid in time, you first eat chicken. As you spend the salary and it reduces, you eat products of chicken such as eggs. Subsequently, you begin to eat chicken's food like maize and millet. Finally, when you’ve spent the whole salary, you become the chicken itself, spending your time walking around just looking for what to eat"
- Your salary is a seed that needs to be planted. It's important you save/take part of it and invest.
- Your salary alone cannot solve all your financial problems. Create a plan B now.
A wise investment will provide opportunities for one to always eat chicken whenever he or she pleases!
- Think INVESTMENT...because you won't be young forever!
- Think INSURANCE ...because you won't be strong forever!
- Think ENTREPRENEURSHIP because you won't be employed forever!
Finally, learn to let your money ultimately work for you, rather than you working for money always.